Make the surroundings of your home safer:
- Limit vegetation, brush regularly, especially in dry weather. If you keep a garden, be sure to follow a few safety rules:
- Your plants should not be more than 50cm tall;
- If you have trees, establish a minimum distance of 5m between each;
- Make sure you have terraces or walls, which could stop the spread of a fire;
- Clean dead and dry leaves regularly.
- Keep your firewood stack in a specially designed fire-proof room, more than 10m from your home where possible.
- If your garden furniture is made of wood, make it fire retardant.
- Lock all your flammable products (petrol, gas canisters, paint, household products etc.) in a fire-proof room.