As an enthusiast of motorcycles, custom, roadster or café racers, do you want to take to the road and feel the hum of your engine without a care in the world?
For your daily commute or for a exhilarating ride on your motorcycle, AXA Luxembourg covers you and your motorcycle against all the bumps in the road.
With OptiDrive Moto insurance, find the ideal cover for your motor vehicle.
The advantages of OptiDrive Moto insurance:
- Tailor-made packages and additional options that optimally meet your needs and your passion
- 36 months replacement value cover for motorcycles less than 12 months old
- Free comprehensive assistance, available 24/7 in case of emergency
Do you prefer a quiet ride? The OptiDrive Moto cover includes the specific features of an electric motorcycle. In the event of an electrical failure, you are covered by breakdown assistance and your charging cable is covered by theft insurance.
Find the combination of guarantees that best suits you
Your OptiDrive Moto insurance package will always include the following guarantees:
To reflect your actual use of the motorcycle we then offer you the possibility of supplementing the basic cover with one or more of the following additional cover options:
Optional additional guarantees
Fuel leakage, overheating of the engine or a short circuit are all damages that can occur.
Fire insurance covers damage resulting from fire, explosion or implosion, an attack or a lightning strike.
This cover allows you to insure:
- Theft, destruction or deterioration by thieves, including special fittings and accessories of your motorcycle or scooter.
- Bikejacking with or without violence.
- The costs of replacing the locks and/or changing the codes of an anti-theft system in the event of theft or loss of key(s) and/or fob(s).
Collisions with animals and natural disasters
Have you hit a wild animal, have rodents attacked the cables of your motorbike or have you had to deal with a storm, flood or hail? Here are some examples of events that can happen and damage your motorcycle, but which are fortunately covered by this insurance.
By taking out this cover you are insuring:
- Material damage to your own motorcycle or scooter after an accident, even if you are at fault, or after an act of vandalism, for example. Whether your vehicle is on the road, parked or in the garage.
- Damage to your motorcycle while it is being transported by rail, sea, inland waterway or air.
Your equipment (helmet, boots, suits, jacket, gloves) is also covered up to €1,500.
3 options to upgrade your Motorcycle insurance cover
For optimal cover, you can add up to 3 options of your choice to your insurance package:
The "Driver Protection" option protects you as the driver of the motorcycle following an accident (even if you are at fault) or attempted theft, in case of:
- Bodily injury
- Permanent disability
Your vehicle is refusing to start? Call for assistance via the breakdown service in the event of:
- Fuel failure or misfuelling requiring an oil change
- Battery failure
- A puncture
- Loss of keys
Comprehensive Legal Protection Assistance
If you find yourself embroiled in a dispute, take advantage of the Comprehensive Legal Protection assistance. Thanks to this option, your expenses for the resolution of the dispute will be covered up to €40,000.
As part of your OptiDrive Moto insurance, you are eligible for the AXA Assistance services:
Comprehensive assistance in case of emergency:
- Breakdown, towing, repatriation
- Medical and legal assistance
- Travel and luggage assistance
- Replacement vehicle (car)
- The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Services & Advice
The motorcycle inspection: Luxembourg plays by its own rules
Luxembourg’s compulsory motorcycle inspection marks it out as an exception among its neighbours. However, this periodic check will soon be compulsory throughout Europe. A useful guide.
Motorcycles, what to do in case of an accident ?
You were riding a motorbike or scooter and have just been involved in an accident? What are the first things you should do? Are you properly insured? Below we take you step by step through the right procedure to have your damage repaired.
What to do if your motorcycle, motorbike or scooter gets stolen?
Your motorbike or scooter has disappeared, been stolen or broken into? Find all the useful information for a fast response.