Snow and ice: a risk to your home
As a precaution for heavy snowfall, make sure you:
- Have your boiler maintained/cleaned.
- Have your chimney maintained/swept. Plan a fuel stock.
- Insulate your water meter, taps and outdoor pipes with insulation materials such as glass wool. The same applies if they are located in an unheated room.
- Keep a stockpile of snow removal salt as if it snows, it is your responsibility to salt the pavement outside your house and the parking area.
- If you have trees, prune branches that, under the weight of the snow, may pose a risk to your home.
- Check the gutters to ensure that there is a clear evacuation route for the melted snow.